- Menu output is XHTML 1.1 compliant.
- Ready for ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 & 4.5. Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 & 2012.
- Based on industry standards: XML and CSS.
- Simplicity. No complex API.
- Uses the default style and structure to see the result immediately.
- Compact Documentation.
- C# and VB.NET examples included.
Highly Customizable Look
- APNSoft Menu offers full up-level cross-browser support for IE 5.5+, Firefox 0.8+, Google Chrome 6.0+, Mozilla 1.4+, Netscape 7.0+, Opera 7.5+, and Safari 1.2+.
- Colors, sizes, borders and fonts can all be customized to visually integrate with any project.
- Support for icons, background images, separators, user-defined images for submenu arrows.
- Each menu item, submenu, separator can be customized separately.
- Each submenu can be positioned separately.
- Menu items can include HTML formatting.
- Menu can be based only on images.
- Flexible templates. Automatically identifies the type of applicable template (ASCX, XSL or HTML). Conditional Formatting for items, support for external parameters.
- The visual appearance is specified with CSS.
- Support for Skins. Collection of free, ready-to-use menu skins.
- User roles (Security Trimming).
- Support for Path Highlighting.
- Changeable opening direction for submenus (horizontal and vertical).
- Vertical, horizontal orientation.
- Absolute or static positioning.
- Support for transition effects.
- Support for CSS and PNG shadows.
- Semi-transparent menu.
- Support for scrollable menus.
- Support for tooltips.
- Changeable horizontal and vertical overlap a submenu has over its parent Menu Item.
- Support for Move/Click events for Open/Close menu.
- Expand Delay can be customized.
Flexible Programming Options
- Loads data on demand using AJAX.
- Automatically checks loaded data in order to avoid extra requests.
- Structure checking. APNSoft Menu checks the structure for duplicated IDs and wrong-referenced elements in the database table with menu structure.
- Saves its state after PostBack.
- Automatically displayed over HTML select boxes, Flash movies and other ActiveX components.
- Search Engine Optimization. Allows search engines index your site properly.
- Special repositioning logic prevents "stacking" for submenus.
- Health Checking. Can generate client-side messages which allow developers control the menu status.
- Server-side API. APNSoft Menu provides an extremely rich and powerful server-side API allowing developer to add, remove or edit menu elements and element collections.
- Data binding support. Menu includes the DataSource property and the
- The Menu Structure is defined through XML and can be obtained from a static file or programmatically.
- Has support to use the Web.sitemap file as a standard menu structure.
- Support for client-side and server-side events.
- Multiple menus on a single page are allowed.
- Generated code is dramatically small.
- Support for Unicode characters.